Don't Go Hungry! Make Your Meal Plan Last
What are some ways you can stretch your meal plan dollars? Below are some tips on making sure you don’t run out before move out.
Eating in the residential dining commons gives you the best value with a 65% discount off the cash price. Think you’re too busy? Don’t worry; you can get a meal to go!
- Consider a part time job in the dining commons. The hiring rate is $9.00/hour and you get an additional meal discount of $2.
- Grab a piece of fruit on your way out of the dining commons. Choose an apple, banana, or orange to take with you for a healthy snack between meals.
- Consider buying fountain beverages where possible instead of the more expensive bottled options.
- Thirsty? Keep a water bottle with you and become a frequent user of the free filtered water stations on campus.
- If you are a coffee drinker, use your Commuter Mug to receive a discount on coffee in the campus coffee shops.
- Instead of buying hot tea or hot chocolate, consider keeping tea bags or instant hot chocolate in your room. You can use your microwave to prepare in just a few short minutes.
- Let your friends pay for their own lunches or dinner.
- Look for items in the convenience stores that are featured sale items for the week. They’re easy to spot with orange tags or flyers posted on the storefront.
- Don’t have time to make a trip to the grocery store? Visit the campus convenience stores for those purchases that just can’t wait.
Those are just a few easy ways you can ensure your meal plan lasts. Why not see how many you can use?
Wondering how many meal plan dining dollars you have left? Check your balance. It’s easy! Simply visit www.eLiving.psu.edu.